If you’re relatively new to bone-related research, whether in a laboratory or a clinical setting, this page is for you.
We'd love to hear from you! Please contact us to let us know what would make this a useful resource for you.
We would like to invite our New Investigators to our annual session at the BRS conference in Winchester. This year we are delighted to host a session featuring a number of informal round table discussions on different topics relevant to our New Investigators. These will include:
- Travel grants, small project grants and beyond
- Working in Industry
- Clinical academic careers and training
- Bridging the gap between basic and clinical research
- How to review a paper and get involved in editorial activities
- Should I stay or should I go? Moving abroad for research
- Increasing your online profile
We are happy to announce the launch of our BRS Find a mentor scheme which aims to provide support and advice to our New Investigators from more senior BRS members. You can find out more about our mentorship scheme here:
There will be special New Investigator sessions at our 2017 meeting in Bristol. More details will be available nearer the time
The BRS offers a number of awards, bursaries, and fellowships specifically for New Investigators e.g.
Barbara Mawer Travelling Fellowship
Neil Mackenzie Public Engagement award